Certified Payroll Specialist
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $22+ DOE
Local company is looking for an experienced Certified Payroll Specialist to join their team!
This is a full-time M-F position.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity and would include PTO, 401K and health benefits once hired by client company.
Job Duties include:
- Compile and enter payroll data such as hours worked, job classification and pay rate on a weekly basis
- Compute wages, garnishments and deductions
- Process and post weekly Prevailing Wage Certified payroll
- Maintain and organize payroll records in compliance with retention policies
- Process weekly payroll liabilities, 401(k) reporting, monthly payroll reports
- Enter and maintain employee data in payroll system, new hires, terminations, etc.
- Reporting to the Department of Labor all payroll on public works projects as required
- Administration of, and reporting of, all fringes withheld as well as remitting to the appropriate agencies/trusts the amounts due
- Prepare labor reporting by running job cost reports for management on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience processing payroll
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of honesty and integrity in the confidentiality of all things related to payroll
- Knowledge of federal and state policies related to payroll
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Ability to multi-task and work independently