Product Development & Trial Seed Representative
Hourly rate: $45k - $50k annual salary
A vegetable seed technology and breeding company is looking for a Product Development & Trial Seed Representative to join their team!
This is a full-time temp-to-hire opportunity. Hours are M-F 8am to 5pm. Employee will be trained in SLO and moved to Woodland after training is completed which is expected to be 1 to 2 months.
Job duties include:
- Work with R&D and Product Development team to track on all research, experimental and commercial varieties being trialed in their region.
- Process and shipping trial seed samples in V0-2 stage (R&D) to our experimental stations.
- Support the tracking of the regional R&D trials (V2-V3) in coordination with breeders, collect trial data and propose advancement. Start tracking in Prodasoft and ABS system.
- In coordination with sales initiate external (V2 –V3) trials and secure trial feedback reports in support of product advancements.
- Support PD forecast, allocation & distribution of trial seed for the region.
- Help develop technical data/product advancement sheets before advancements to (V4)
- Support (Product Features, Advantages and Benefits) in close coordination with marketing.
- Work closely with Operations to secure trial seed.
- Prior experience in seed or production agriculture.
- Area of study in agriculture or related field.
- Field agronomy and order fulfillment or logistics experience desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Willingness to work in the field with growers.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Organized and detail oriented.