San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $120k-$150k DOE
The San Luis Obispo County Integrated Waste Management Authority seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Manager of IWMA.
Responsibilities include four key functions:
- Hazardous Waste
- Public Outreach
- Board Policy
Job Functions include:
- Serves as San Luis Obispo County Integrated Management Authority Manager;
- Provides advice and consultation on the development of IWMA related services, functions and policies;
- Coordinates the preparation of the agenda for IWMA Board meetings; directs and conducts a variety of special studies and surveys to determine the effectiveness of IWMA related operations and services;
- Represents the IWMA Board’s policies and programs with employees, community representatives and other government agencies;
- Works on joint, cooperative efforts and organizations with other solid waste management agencies;
- Directs and oversees the IWMA Administrative Services personnel and office support functions;
- Oversees the development and administration of operating and capital improvement budgets and plans;
- Maintains current awareness of administrative practices and recommends changes which increase the efficiency and economy of IWMA Operations and Services;
- Responsible for IWMA related personnel matters, including employment procedures, grievances, affirmative action, and employer-employee relations;
- Responsible for IWMA community outreach strategy,
- Directs preparation of grant applications and grant administration;
- Prepares leases and agreements with other agencies; confers with developers and contractors as necessary; serves as IWMA representative before Boards and Commissions.
- Principles and practices of public administration, including administrative analysis, fiscal planning and control, and policy and program development
- Basic knowledge of engineering and construction principles applicable to the planning, design and construction of IWMA facilities
- Laws, rules, ordinances and legislative processes controlling solid waste management functions, programs and operations
- Organization, operations and function of public sector government, joint powers agencies and special districts
- Research and evaluation methodologies
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in business administration or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience including responsibility for the formulation and implementation of programs, budgets, and administrative operations; or broad and extensive work experience in a management or administrative position in a private or public agency responsible for solid waste management, recycling, or landfill operations.
- Master’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field, is highly desirable.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 805-544-1800. EOE.