Trial Seed & Commercial Samples Specialist
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $17-$20/hour DOE
A vegetable seed technology and breeding company is looking for a Trial Seed & Commercial Samples Specialist to join their team!
This is a full-time temp-to-hire opportunity. Hours are M-F and may require some overtime.
Job duties include:
- Process sample orders received from Product Development, Customer Service or Sales Managers.
- Creation and follow up of order status.
- Coordinate and follow up with operations (Samples Inventory) on the allocation of seed.
- Tracking and reporting of all seed varieties samples. Communicate status of orders to Customer Service, Sales Managers and Product Development.
- Provide support for our subsidiaries in technical sales staff and customer service on pre-commercial and commercial varieties being trialed in their region.
- Work in concert with technical sales staff to process & track requested seed varieties, maintain inventory of requested seed varieties, and verify needed seed variety samples are shipped in a timely manner.
- Manage our variety databases to ensure accurate inventory data and descriptions of the region’s varieties.
- Coordinate and maintain technical materials on seed varieties such as: technical reports and samples history by customer/region for internal purposes and customer guidance (Translate the English version to Spanish).
- All other duties as assigned per job scope
- Prior experience working with agricultural business
- Has worked in a growth company and understands how to scale
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Willingness to travel occasionally and flexible with work schedule
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable
- Attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter