Accounting Administrative Assistant
Hourly rate: $18+
High level accounting client is looking for a polished Admin Assistant with 2-4 experience in a professional setting.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Screens potential new clients and performs new client setup; prepares firm mailings including engagement letters; finalizes on-screen billing; prepares electronic copies of tax returns for third parties as required. Also assembles client tax returns; prepares client online tax files for current year returns; retrieves and re-files various accounting files; runs reports as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent), some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in a similar position; experience in a professional services environment preferred.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Strong general computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (or similar) software applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to use standard office equipment including a keyboard, calculator, photocopier, computer and computer fax, printer, and postage meter
- Strong basic math skills
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Accurate typing with minimum of 50 WPM
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to perform under time pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under highly interruptive conditions
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, and strong work ethic