Temporary Technical Writer
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $21+ DOE
Our engineering client is looking for an experienced temporary Technical Writer who's experienced and detail oriented.
Assignment is expected to last 4- 5 months and the schedule is 40 hours/week M-F.
Job Duties will include:
- Assist with the coordination, compilation, and final production of proposals, reports, papers and awards
- Creating, editing and updating firm information
- Prepares project schedules using MS Project
- Creates project organizational charts
- Basic graphic design of proposal materials using InDesign
- Assists in preparing marketing materials
- Provides proofreading, editing, and formatting services for technical material and communications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred or 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in administrative, marketing, writing, or proposal coordination role.
- Strong writing Skills
- Advanced knowledge or Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook required.
- MS Project, Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, and Google Earth are a plus.
- Must be able to type at least 35 wpm.
- Experience using graphic file types such as JPG, EPS, TIFF, and KMZ.
- Candidates must also have outstanding communication skills, be very comfortable in a deadline driven environment and possess a high degree of professionalism. Writing samples will be required, along with testing on the MS Office Suite.