Customer Service/Shipping Coordinator
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $14-$15/hour
Local company is looking for a part-time customer service/shipping coordinator to join their team! Hours: Monday - Wednesday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Responsible for processing and planning daily shipping requirements for customer orders, answering phones, written and verbal correspondence with customers, vendors, and general office administration duties. Timely fulfillment of orders and customer satisfaction are utmost priorities for this position.
Essential job functions:
- Order processing via phone, e-mail or purchase order (order entry using QuickBooks, product picking, packing and shipping)
- Process and execute shipments via FedEx, UPS or other carriers as required
- Receive shipments from suppliers, Maintain a clean and functional shipping area.
- Administration of office supplies and operations including answering phones, filing documents, communicating with customers and scheduling.
- General bookkeeping including paying invoices, billing customers and tracking payments.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Prior experience with order processing/shipping
- Experience with QuickBooks software
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- General knowledge of Chemistry and basic laboratory procedures is helpful but not required