Hourly rate: $40k+ DOE
San Luis Personnel Services is assisting with the recruitment for a new Manager for the Paso Robles Children’s Museum (PRCM). The search has begun for the right professional with a background of demonstrated success in fundraising, community relations, operations, and administration.
The Museum Manager provides conceptual and operational leadership for Paso Robles Children’s Museum (“PRCM”). S/he is responsible for leading the overall management of the museum on a day-to-day basis and in areas such as public relations, fundraising, fiscal and legal management, building operations, special events planning, and staff management. The Museum Manager also maintains direct communication with the Board of Directors, and assists the Board in both strategic planning and the implementation of polices.
Duties and Responsibilities by Domain:
• Relationship with the Board of Directors
• Regularly reports to and updates the Board of Directors and its president on museum activities.
• Assists the Board with analyzing policy options and the strategic plan.
• Assists the Nominating Committee in recruiting, interviewing, and training community members for board membership.
• Provides ongoing training, motivation and assistance to board members and committees as needed.
• Accepts and follows through on special assignments directed by the Board.
Community and Public Relations
• Serves as a spokesperson and advocate of PRCM for public speaking engagements at civic, community, professional, governmental, and private agencies.
• Develops and implements public relations and marketing strategies.
• Coordinates and trains speakers for public speaking engagements.
• Issues press releases for PRCM programs, events, or activities when appropriate.
• Maintains communication with community partners.
• Interacts with museum visitors.
• Assists the Board in recruiting and training members of the Fundraising Committee.
• Plans, develops, and implements capital campaigns and all fundraising efforts in coordination with the Board of Directors, PRCM staff, external consultants, and volunteers (including fundraising events, grants, lead gifts, individual gifts and corporate gifts).
Exhibits, Programs and Special Events
• Suggests, oversees, and approves PRCM events, exhibits, and programs.
• Establishes partnerships and participation in community events.
• Evaluates PRCM exhibits, events, and programs.
• Ensures that all PRCM goals, objectives, and activities are consistent with PRCM's mission.
• Facilitates and implements the development of long-range plans and goal setting.
• Remains abreast of developments in the children's museum field.
• Encourages the implementation of current developments in the field where appropriate.
Fiscal and Legal Management
• Remains knowledgeable of appropriate laws associated with maintaining the operation of PRCM as a not-for-profit organization.
• Seeks professional advice as needed concerning legal issues affecting PRCM.
• Minimizes PRCM's legal liabilities through necessary insurance coverage and through the continued maintenance of PRCM's building.
• Supervises PRCM’s day to day finances including paying expenses, acknowledging income, maintaining financial records, preparing monthly financial reports, depositing monies, and processing receipts.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual financial audit.
• Maintains the operating and campaign budgets.
• Supervises the acquisition and maintenance of equipment and external services needed for the continued operation of the building and its activities.
• Administers the plans, and implements building design, concept, and remodeling in coordination with the Board of Directors, PRCM staff, and external consultants.
• Acts as liaison between the Board and committees and the Board and PRCM staff.
• Administers the personnel policies of PRCM.
• Recruits, hires, supervises, and terminates staff and volunteers.
• Orients, trains, and evaluates staff and volunteers.
• Schedules staff and volunteers.