San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $20-$25/hr
A local non-profit organization is looking for a Finance Associate to join their team! This is a full-time (30hrs/week) position with a flexible schedule.
This person will be responsible for providing assistance with all financial duties.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration in maintaining accurate and timely financial records and maintaining accurate accounting for each of the Foundation's funds in accordance with generally accepted fund accounting practices.
- Perform all accounting and financial functions in FIMS and in other software applications as appropriate.
- Code and enter operational expenses, cut checks for payables.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of all investment accounts.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Investment Committee meeting packet.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration with Human Resources functions, assisting with new employee documentation, vacation and sick day records, and pay rate changes.
- Assist with payroll functions.
- Assist with Audits.
- Assist staff with designing and running reports in FMIS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration or CEO.
- Excellent, demonstrable skills on PC systems with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in accounting software a plus.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit organization using fund accounting.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 25 pounds.