Hourly rate: $18-$20/hour
Local construction company is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join their team! This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity.
Job duties include:
- Compile and enter payroll data such as hours worked, job classification, equipment used and pay rate on a weekly basis
- Compute wages, garnishments and deductions
- Process and post payroll weekly
- Ensure compliance with union labor agreements and federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain and organize payroll records in compliance with retention policies
- Process weekly payroll liabilities, 401 (k) reporting, monthly union fringe reports, and prevailing wage reports
- Enter and maintain employee data in payroll system, new hires, terminations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience processing payroll, preferably in a construction payroll department
- Union payroll experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Knowledge of federal and state policies related to payroll
- Proficient in MS Office programs