Quality Control Inspector
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $16-$21/hour
Local high tech manufacturing company is looking for a full-time Quality Control Inspector to join their team!
Responsible for troubleshooting product problems involving designs, materials, or processes. Additionally, responsible for testing selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics and for investigating and addressing customer inquiries regarding quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform first article mechanical verification of all fabricated parts and raw material
- Verify conformance to specifications (mechanical drawings)
- Perform a wide range of precision inspection operations on mechanically fabricated piece parts and assemblies
- Read and analyze drawing requirements and dimensions for complex assemblies
- Works from engineering drawings, specifications, sketches, and written instructions to approve/reject parts
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure inspection and testing procedures are documented, enforced and maintained
- Identifies and tags non-conforming material
- Generates non-conforming reports
- 3-4 years of related experience with machined parts
- PC experience and proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Familiar with: Surface plate, calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, height gauge, depth gauge, etc.
- Ability to read and understand Blueprint/Schematics
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Familiar with ISO9001/AS9102 and GD&T preferred