Human Resources Director
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $23-$25/hour
A local non-profit organization is looking for an HR Director to join their team!
Summary: Oversee Human Resources for the organization, including but not limited to HR policies and procedures; benefits; employee relations and professional development; performance; compensation and classification of employees; employee safety; hiring; and termination.
Other duties include:
- Communicate HR policies, procedures, legal rules and regulations, and maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Coordinate health, life, vision, and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Finance regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Manage recruiting, background checks, and initial orientation for staffing and volunteers.
- Manage employee data, including HR tracking system. Maintain appropriate employee files, including processing and verifying all personnel forms and documents.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Manage benefits annual enrollment process by facilitating meetings, answering employee questions and ensuring employees are enrolled as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Coordinate employee safety program.
- Assist with time-tracking for grant reporting.
- Additional tasks as identified.