Temporary Full-time HR Assistant
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $18-$20/hour
Our engineering client is looking for a temp HR Assistant who's polished, experienced, fast-paced, and detail oriented. Eligible candidates will be able to commit through the first/second week of April 2014. This person can work between 32-40 hours week.
The client wants someone who is familiar with interviewing, reviewing resumes, and recruiting.
- Coordinates HR projects, functions, and activities
- Provides procedural and operational support within Human Resources
- Recruiting activities; including assisting in sourcing candidates as needed, coordination of and attendance at job fairs, screening of resumes, processing employment applications, scheduling interviews, and assistance with interviewing, and administering new hire orientations
- Prepares or maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, separations, leaves, transfers, or promotions
- Maintains and updates HR documents
- Participates in benefits administration
- Coordinates and helps implement employee activities and events
- Monitors performance appraisal process
- Provide administrative and technical HR support to employees and managers
**Important Note: This position is temporary will not officially start until mid-December. Interview process will begin immediately, and have multiple rounds.
- Must attain acceptable scores for the various software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing scores.
- Must have at least 2 years general experience in Human Resources
- Must have experience in recruiting
- AS degree or equivalent work experience in a Human Resources role
- Excellent communication, engagement, and diplomacy skills in dealing with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Good written communications.
- Organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.