Senior Shipping & Receiving Clerk
San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $18-$24/hour DOE
Local high-tech manufacturing company is looking for a Senior Shipping & Receiving Clerk to join their team!
Responsible for performing the physical or administrative and physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials. They work on assignments that are routine and semi-routine in nature.
- Unpacking and checking goods received against purchase orders
- Maintaining records of received goods, rejecting unsatisfactory items and reporting discrepancies
- Lifting heavy items; must be able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Operating forklift and manlift
- Preparing and maintaining records of merchandise shipped
- Posting weights, dimensions, and shipping charges of goods for final shipment
- Examining, stocking and distributing materials in inventory to manufacturing lines
- Preparing kitting packages for assembly production and customer shipments
- Entering data into computer system
- Following all safety guidelines and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in shipping/receiving role
- International shipping experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate use of Microsoft office (word, excel, and outlook)