San Luis Obispo
Hourly rate: $13/hr
Our non-profit client is looking for a utility worker to start as soon as possible. This is a temp to hire opportunity with flexible hours! Must be able to work weekends, evenings, nights and holidays.
Duties will include:
- Washes dishes, pots, pans, coffee urn, glasses and flatware. Operates mechanical dishwasher. Sweeps, mops and waxes floors. Disposes of food and trash.
- Moves heavy garbage cans, assists in unloading supply trucks and storing heavy supplies.
- Cleans equipment in kitchen and dining area; such as ranges, ovens, electric or gas fryers, pressure cookers, steam kettles and broilers.
- May assist in some food preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
- HS Diploma or GED; one year experience in food service preferred
- Must be able to multi task and must use judgement in sequence tasks
- Ability to train and work with disabled persons
- Must know proper food handling procedures and pass a food handlers test
- Work is non-sedentary requiring walking, bending, stooping, lifting and carrying items weighing 30 lbs. repetitively